5 simple steps to help you drink more water
Pretty much every morning I remind myself to drink more water and by the end of the day I’ve usually only managed to drink about 4 glasses.
We all know water is good for us. Amongst other things it’s great for your skin, helps ward off headaches caused by dehydration and even helps to counterbalance diuretic drinks such as tea and coffee, which make us need the loo more often.
I decided to be proactive and put a plan in place to make sure I do actually drink the recommended 1.5-2 litres water every day. This plan included drinking really cold filtered water, sometimes flavoured with fruit and setting my phone alarm to remind me to drink.
After following my plan of action
for a week, I can confirm that it
does really work.
I have had no headaches, my skin feels less tight and I do feel much better.
Here’s the plan:
- Buy a water filter jug for the fridge (and possibly one for your work fridge), so the water tastes fresh and cold.
- Use a tall glass or bottle to drink from to ensure you have access to more water even when you’re busy.
- Use the alarm on your mobile phone to remind you to drink and keep a tally chart of how many glasses you’ve had in your Dairy Diary.
- Add lemon or lime slices, or even some fresh mint to your water. It tastes delicious!
- Follow your tea or coffee with a glass of water.
Britain’s most-trusted diary
Keep on track with everything you need to do daily with Britain’s most trusted and loved diary – the 2017 Dairy Diary.
It has the perfect layout for planning your week, useful reminder date stickers, a handy pocket for notes and of course, the famous triple-tested weekly recipes.
Dairy Diary 2017 is available to buy right now from your local milkman or direct from us online or by calling 01425 463390.
And it’s only £7.99!!
Available to buy now.
Don’t just take our word for it – here’s what others have to say:
“ Brilliant diary have had one since they started”.
“ Best diary ever! Fantastic layout. Great pages of general information. Colourful. I always try the recipes. Value for money 10/10”.
Here’s a taster recipe….. perfect for serving with a bowl of hot soup.
Savoury Bacon & Herb Loaf
Calories 327 per portion
Fat 11g (5.2g sat) per portion
Suitable for freezing
- Streaky bacon 50g (2oz), chopped
- Onion 1, peeled and finely chopped
- Celery 2 sticks, chopped
- Self-raising flour 225g (8oz)
- Butter 25g (1oz), softened
- Milk 150ml (¼ pint)
- Egg 1, beaten
- Chopped parsley 1 tbsp
- Dried mixed herbs ½ tsp
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°fan/Gas 4. Grease a 450g (1lb) loaf tin or 16cm (6in) cake tin.
- Dry fry bacon in a frying pan for 2 minutes, then add onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Sift flour and ½ tsp salt into a bowl and rub in butter.
- In a jug mix milk with egg and herbs and season. Add to dry ingredients with bacon mixture and mix together. Spoon into tin and bake for 50-60 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a rack.