These scrumptious little morsels remind me of some biscuits I first made in home economics at school.
They are a little bit retro but very very nice.
Oatie Melting Moments
Calories 74 per portion
Fat 4.2g (2.5g sat) per portion
Suitable for vegetarians
Suitable for freezing
- Butter 110g (4oz), softened
- Caster sugar 75g (3oz)
- Egg yolk 1
- Vanilla extract a few drops
- Self-raising flour 150g (5oz)
- Rolled oats 25g (1oz)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°fan/Gas 5 and grease two baking sheets.
- Cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour to give a soft dough, knead until smooth, then divide into 24 portions. Form each portion into a ball, then gently roll in oats.
- Place on baking sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.