This only takes 5 minutes to prepare but tastes just gorgeous.
The perfect comforting pud!
Calories 223 per portion
Fat 8g (5.2g sat) per portion
Suitable for vegetarians
- Butter 40g (1½oz), softened
- Light muscovado sugar 40g (1½oz)
- Chopped glacé ginger 1 tbsp
- Glacé cherries 25g (1oz), chopped
- Ready-to-eat prunes 75g (3oz), chopped
- Dessert apples 4
- Custard to serve (optional)
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until soft and smooth. Stir in the glacé ginger and then add the cherries and prunes.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each apple and reserve. Core the apples and cut a very thin slice off the bottom if needed, to stop them rolling around.
- Stand the cored apples in a small 20cm (8in) circular dish, then press the fruit mixture into the cavities, spooning the remainder over the cut top edge. Press the apple lids back in place.
- Add 2 tbsp of water to the base of the dish, then bake for 30 minutes until the apples are tender. 5 Serve hot with custard, if you like.